If you’re putting your spring cleaning on hold because just thinking about all of the potentially harmful chemicals in your current cleaning products is making you woozy, then these All Natural Cleaning Recipes are for you!
Not only do these cleaners smell GREAT but they are also effective, inexpensive to make, AND they are safe for your family & pets!
All Purpose Cleaner
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 15 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of Sweet orange essential oil
- 5 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Funnel all these ingredients into a spray bottle, seal, and shake. There will be a battle of odors here, with the acidic vinegar likely winning out against the sweet-smelling oils, but don’t let this deter you.
The vinegar scent disappears quickly, but that citrusy, herby zing lingers on. And these oils aren’t just there for their scent alone. Lemon oil is a natural disinfectant, orange oil busts grease, and rosemary oil has some antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
Lemon Scented Window Cleaner
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle. Spray on any glass surface and polish with a microfiber cloth for a sparkling finish
Eucalyptus Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 1/3 cup Castile soap
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/3 cups baking soda
- 25 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
Fill a squeeze bottle with all ingredients, seal & shake. Squeeze around the inside of the toilet bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Scrub with a toilet brush, flush, and you’re done. **Aside from having a deliciously fresh aroma, eucalyptus is a natural germicide.
Vinyl & Tile Floor Cleaner
- 1 gallon of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of castile soap
- 2 tablespoons of washing soda
- 10-20 drops of any citrus essential oil of your choice
Mix together in a bucket and wash with a mop or microfiber cloth.
Soap Scum Remover
- ¼ to ½ cup Borax
- 2 cups of hot water
Mix Borax and hot water in a spray bottle. Shake well. Spray area thoroughly and let sit for 15 minutes then use a Magic Eraser sponge to clean. Rinse and wipe dry.
Room Deodorizing Spray
- 1 oz witch hazel
- 3 oz distilled water
- 18 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 6 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 12 drops Lemon essential oil
Combine all ingredients in an 4 oz spray bottle and shake before each use.