Gently nestled amongst mature trees on a semi-wooded lot backing to Foxboro Golf Course this well maintained and pre-inspected classic 2 story home is close enough to walk or bike to multiple schools and restaurants while still offering a private backyard that feels miles from town.
Learn more at: TheMinterTeam.com/740PleasantOak
Sunday, April 22nd is Earth Day – A day to celebrate the natural beauty of our planet and remind us of what we can do to help keep it healthy. If you’re looking for events to honor our planet and get outside after our long winter, we have put together a list of some of our area’s Earth Day events.
Sunday, April 22nd
9 AM – 5 PM – Earth Day Kid’s at Jada’s Garden & Greenhouse in Blue Mounds – For just $5 per child you can stop in at any time to plant veggies in peat pots and paint a garden rock.
12:30 – 3:30 PM – Earth Day & Party for the Planet at Henry Vilas Zoo – Partnered with MG&E for tons of family-friendly activities.
Saturday, April 21st
10 AM – 11:30 AM – Land Steward Work Day at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center to help restore and maintain ALNC’s prairie, marsh, and woodlands
10 AM – 5 PM – Sustainable Stoughton’s 2nd Annual Earth Day Expo – A free, family friendly event that offers food, workshops, crafts, and more!
11 AM – 12 PM – Seedballs at the Madison Children’s Museum -Kids will be able to make their own seedballs from clay, soil, and seeds to gain an understanding of the cycles and processes of plants.
12 PM – 4 PM – Habitat ReStore’s Spring Celebration – At their East location they will host a kid’s build & garden project plus a gardening workshop at 1 PM about worms.
2 PM – 5 PM – Quarry Hill Park’s Earth Day Event in Fitchburg – Help plant trees and enjoy delicious treats from area food carts.
This list just scratches the surface of our community’s events and we’d love to hear from you if we think we should add something to our list. Feel free to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you have a wonderful Earth Day and get out to enjoy the beautiful weather we will have this weekend!
It’s April, which means that you can now start many of your produce seeds indoors to get a jump start on your veggie garden. Growing produce from seeds isn’t just a great way to save money compared to buying ready-to-plant seedlings from a garden store, but it is also super rewarding!
Before you get your hands dirty, take time to review the planting schedule to see when you can start your seeds indoors and when they should be transplanted outside. Once you have an ideal timeline planned out, it’s time for the fun part! Below are 7 tips & tricks to help make your indoor seedlings a success.
- Use seed starting mix. Purchase a quality seed starting mix that will help your seeds grow into healthy and strong seedlings. Pre-moisten before putting in seeds. Fill your containers about 3/4 full with seed starting mix. You can also mix in a little cinnamon as it prevents fungus and helps prevent dampening off.
- Give them plenty of light. Place your seeds under grow lights or near a window to ensure they get plenty of sunshine. 12-16 hours of light is needed by seeds for the best growth.
- Keep soil well-watered. Keep soil moist but not drenched. Overwatering can lead to mold growth. To ensure that you aren’t drowning your new seeds, try using a misting spray bottle instead of watering can. Let your soil dry out just a bit between waterings.
- Repot in larger containers. When the seedlings get their second pair of leaves, they will need to be repotted into large contrainers. Prepare the larger pots with a potting mix that includes plenty of compost. Move the seedlings carefully to the new containers and water well. Keep pots out of direct sun for a few days.
- Gradually introduce to outdoors. Hardening off will slowly adjust your seedlings to the outdoors and give them the best chance to flourish. About two weeks prior to replanting outside take your plants outdoors under cover- the shade of a tree is good spot. Leave them out for a couple hours and then bring them back inside. This will help them get used to the sun, wind, rain, and other conditions gradually.
- Plant extra seeds. Plant more than you think you will need to make up for the seeds that don’t sprout or mature. You can also start seeds every 6 weeks so you have a continual supply of seedlings ready to plant, this will keep your garden producing for much longer.
- Follow packet instructions- Certain seed types need specific care and instructions. Some seeds may need to be soaked,scratched, or chilled before planting. Some may need their container covered with a top or plastic wrap to create a greenhouse effect. Read your seed packet before planting for best results
If you’re putting your spring cleaning on hold because just thinking about all of the potentially harmful chemicals in your current cleaning products is making you woozy, then these All Natural Cleaning Recipes are for you!
Not only do these cleaners smell GREAT but they are also effective, inexpensive to make, AND they are safe for your family & pets!
All Purpose Cleaner
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 15 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of Sweet orange essential oil
- 5 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Funnel all these ingredients into a spray bottle, seal, and shake. There will be a battle of odors here, with the acidic vinegar likely winning out against the sweet-smelling oils, but don’t let this deter you.
The vinegar scent disappears quickly, but that citrusy, herby zing lingers on. And these oils aren’t just there for their scent alone. Lemon oil is a natural disinfectant, orange oil busts grease, and rosemary oil has some antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
Lemon Scented Window Cleaner
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle. Spray on any glass surface and polish with a microfiber cloth for a sparkling finish
Eucalyptus Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 1/3 cup Castile soap
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/3 cups baking soda
- 25 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
Fill a squeeze bottle with all ingredients, seal & shake. Squeeze around the inside of the toilet bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Scrub with a toilet brush, flush, and you’re done. **Aside from having a deliciously fresh aroma, eucalyptus is a natural germicide.
Vinyl & Tile Floor Cleaner
- 1 gallon of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of castile soap
- 2 tablespoons of washing soda
- 10-20 drops of any citrus essential oil of your choice
Mix together in a bucket and wash with a mop or microfiber cloth.
Soap Scum Remover
- ¼ to ½ cup Borax
- 2 cups of hot water
Mix Borax and hot water in a spray bottle. Shake well. Spray area thoroughly and let sit for 15 minutes then use a Magic Eraser sponge to clean. Rinse and wipe dry.
Room Deodorizing Spray
- 1 oz witch hazel
- 3 oz distilled water
- 18 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 6 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 12 drops Lemon essential oil
Combine all ingredients in an 4 oz spray bottle and shake before each use.
As we’ve started to settle into the spring housing market “madness” is quite possibly the best term to describe the current state of what we are seeing.
The combination of low inventory (the number of homes available for sale) and a strong economy have us firmly planted in a seller’s market in which the best homes are seeing fierce competition from interested homebuyers. read more…
Welcome Home! Nestled in the desirable Alpine Meadows neighborhood, this spacious home has a lot to offer!
The large kitchen boasts endless cabinet & counter space, a breakfast bar, tile backsplash & is open to the south-facing dinette.
Enjoy the living room’s gas fireplace during the colder months & the maintenance free deck in the warmer months. For extra living space, the exposed lower level is finished, complete with a family room that is wired for surround sound, a 4th bedroom, & a 3rd full bath.
The master suite features a large walk-in closet and private full bath with a walk-in shower.
Additional features include convenient upper laundry, 2 car garage & plenty of storage space! Updates include a new AC & dryer in 2016, maintenance free deck in 2010. lower level finished in 2008, and window coverings in 2007.
For more information visit theminterteam.com/810longwood
Happy Monday! 🥤🌭 We would like to present you with our last, but definitely not least, featured business in our Love Oregon series….. Headquarters Bar and Restaurant!
🏐 Jamie wanted to open a business where the community could come together & kick back and HQ does exactly that! They offer a ton of different activities and events for all ages year round and they really do care about our community. Listen in to hear what love means to Jamie, what he likes most about the Oregon community, and what project they are currently working on with the village to better our amazing town.
✅ Visit our FB page & find this video to find out how you can be entered into a drawing to win a $20 gift card to HQ which was kindly donated by Jamie himself!
Valentine’s Day is just a few days away! If you haven’t already, we recommend stopping into our seventh featured business in our Love Oregon series, The Chocolate Caper, to get some sweet treats for your sweetheart!
Dan talks about some of the great things that the Oregon community has to offer and what love means to him. Tune in to hear more!
For any last minute Valentine’s Day gift shoppers, we will be giving away a $20 gift card to The Chocolate Caper. To enter, visit our FB page(www.facebook.com/theminterteam) and find this video with more information! #loveoregon #lovelocal #theminterteam
🌳 Even though there is snow on the ground we are thinking SPRING! And when we think of spring, we think of being outdoors and going on bike rides which is why our sixth feature business in our Love Oregon series is Oregon Bike and Skate!
🚴🏼♂️ When you visit Oregon Bike and Skate, you will be welcomed with a friendly smile and helpful, knowledgeable staff! Scott is a huge part of the Oregon Community and you can listen in now to see why he loves it so much and also what love means to him.
To be entered to win a FREE bike tune-up courtesy of Scott at OBS, visit our Facebook page, find this video along with the instructions on how to enter the drawing!
#loveoregon #lovelocal #theminterteam
Happy Friday! Today would be a good day to stop by our 5th featured business in our Love Oregon Series to get a sweet start on the weekend…. Ofroyo!
Tina & Randy are all about the Oregon community and wanted to have a place where family & friends can gather, enjoy a tasty but healthy treat, and spend quality time together. Listen in as they tell us what love means to them, why they love Oregon, and their special promotions for this month!
We will be giving away a$20 Ofroyo gift card to share with your loved one or family. To be entered into the drawing visit our FB page and find this video for further instructions! www.facebook.com/theminterteam
#loveoregon #lovelocal #theminterteam